Monday, February 27, 2012

MEFY Stitching Challenge!

Happy Monday! It's technique week here at Made Especially For You - probably one of my favorite challenges of the month. I love trying out new techniques that I don't normally use on my cards.


This week's challenge is to create a card using the technique of stitching. It can be faux or real, whatever you feel comfortable with!

Our awesome sponsor this week, The Cutting Cafe, asked the design team to use some of their St. Patrick's Day digis on our cards. For my card, I actually incorporated two of them, one being the clover flower pot, and the second being the sentiment on the flower pot itself. 

 This is probably one of the quickest cards I've ever made, and also probably the closest card I've ever made that resembles a greeting card you would purchase at a store, just because it's so basic. and un-embellished. The image was colored with your everyday colored pencils. 

Close-up of the faux stitching and the sentiment. Sorry it's so hard to read! It says 'Happy St. Patrick's Day,' and then 'Just for you...' underneath the shamrock. 

The Cutting Cafe will allow the winner to choose three sets of digital images from their store! To enter the challenge, all you have to do is create a card using the technique of stitching (faux or real) and submit it to the linky gadget on the 'Weekly Challenge' page here on my blog. You also have a chance of being in the 'Top 3' and receiving a special badge to display on your blog. :) We'd love for you to play along with us!

March is a HUGE month for Made Especially For You. Not only are the weekly challenges continuing, but there will also be a Cricut cartridge giveaway, a joint design team blog hop, AND two new features - Thursday Craft 'n Chat and Do You Speak Cricut Saturdays. It all begins on March 1st! Make sure to check back then for more information about the exciting things happening at Made Especially For You!

Have a fabulous day!

Ashley

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for selecting my Vintage Typewriter Card as a Top 3. I'll proudly display the badge you emailed me on my blog sidebar.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for choosing my card as Top 3! :) I already have the badge posted on my blog! Soo sorry I didnt link it back here, I didnt know how :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow such amazing projects...thank you so much for allowing the cafe to sponsor your site..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There
    Can you please contact me at www.mefygifts.com. Thanks Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. very crafty putting the image on the pot.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge, beautiful card. The entry's from the DT also great!.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...