Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WYEGW - Phrase Feature


I'm back with other card for this week's Would You Ever Guess Wednesday (WYEGW) over at My Cricut Craft Room! If you've never heard of WYEGW before, here's the scoop:

" We take some of the feature keys of a Cricut Cartridge, you know on the keypad layover the keys on the far left on the top three rows.... sometimes called layer, tag, card, font ...etc. We use ONLY those keys, and not the image or its shadow. Basically if you can see it on the back of the cartridge box.... we don't use it! Or its shadow which is about the same thing ;) We might also use a Cake cartridge to make a paper creation (All cake cartridges work in ALL cricut machines) But sometimes people forget about those cartridges. So we want to show you some of those and make you say "I would never have thought of that."

This week's WYEGW challenge was to use the Phrase feature of any Cricut cartridge. Can you tell which cartridge I used just by looking at the card? :)



If you guessed the Create a Critter cartridge... you're right! :) I paired the 'Busy' phrase with this adorable freebie digi from Meljens Designs. I don't see digis paired with Cricut cuts too often, so I thought I'd give it a try. I think it actually worked really well! :) Here's what I used to make the card:

Paper
- Black, yellow, white, and purple Recollections cardstock
- Gray patterned paper from The Paper Studio

Embellishments
- 4 black rhinestones
- 3 purple brads

Adhesives
- Therm-o-web Sticky Dots (die-cut transfer adhesive)
- Therm-o-web 1/2" Zots (glue dots)

Coloring Supplies
- Blending stump
- Baby oil 
- Prismacolor Verithin colored pencils #745 Crimson Red, #741 Light Cerulean Blue, #735 Canary Yellow, #747 Black, #753 Metallic Silver, #734 Warm Grey, and #742 Violet

Make sure to stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see what other phrases were used by the design team members for this week's Would You Ever Guess Wednesday!

Thanks so much for reading!
Ashley

4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...