Saturday, May 4, 2013

A Peachy Flower Vase

Happy National Scrapbooking Day! I hope you all spent it doing what you love - I know I sure did! I actually kicked off the party early and got crafty all day, yesterday, too! Couldn't help but take advantage of the (very rare) two days off in a row!

One of the projects I worked on yesterday was a creation for this week's challenge over at Peachy Keen - 3D and flowers! How fun!


Using a glass vase and some leftover Easter grass, I made a vase of Peachy flowers! The flowers are from the Silhouette store and they are adhered on paper straws. 


Using SRM Stickers, I made a little thank you card to attach to the vase. The zig zag border is from the We've Got Your Border - Valentine set, and the {thanks} is from the Quick Cards - Thanks set. Paper is DCWV and pearls are from Miriam's Crafting Supplies. 


I stamped faces on the flower centers using PK-493 Everyday Character Face Parts and More. They're stamped in Memento ink and the eyes are colored in with a white gel pen. The papers are DCWV and I distressed each of the flowers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, Stormy Sky, and Victorian Velvet. 


Have a lovely rest of your weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Those smiley faces make me smile. :-)
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun flowers! Perfect Peachy faces too!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute flowers!! Unfortunately I wasn't able to celebrate National Scrapbook Day :( I have been cramming for finals non-stop for a week now and haven't had time to do anything else. The only reason I'm taking a short break right now to read blogs is because I have my first final tomorrow & I can't be burned out during the exam!! I will definitely make up for it after exams though :) I hope the end of your semester is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love these! What a great idea! I wonder if my cats would want to eat them. They mcould make a great Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.

    my web blog: http://gown4wed.com/the-best-way-to-find-vintage-clothing-online/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! I love your bright, happy flowers! Great idea to use the Easter grass - it's perfect! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation! Love, love, love your flowers! Thanks for joining us in this week's PK stamp challenge! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo SWEET,GREAT job with this weeks challenge!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bright, cheery, fun vase of flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...