Monday, April 23, 2012

Earth Day Card Challenge!

This week's challenge is all about Earth Day here at Made Especially For You! In honor of Earth Day, this week's technique challenge is to use a recycled material on your card. A recycled material can be anything from newspaper, old book pages, bottle caps, basically anything that has been used once before and is now being re-used on your card. Stop by the 'Weekly Challenge' page to see what inspiration the design team has cooked up this week and enter your own card into the challenge! :)

My card for this week features some old book pages. The card started out looking really "vintagey" but then my simple and "cutesy" card side shone through and it took a turn in a different direction. I'm still really happy with it, though! It definitely has a different flair from the cards I usually make.

Old book pages were used for the background layer of the card (which can be seen under the "tiles," and also for the center of the flower.

Our sponsor this week is the wonderful Jessica from Jessica's Craft Shaque. One lucky, randomly chosen winner will receive a set of decorative corsage pins and be offered a one-week guest designer position here at Made Especially For You.

Don't forget about this month's lucky link-up! Throughout the month of April, you have unlimited opportunities to win the Wild Card cartridge being given away by one of our wonderful design team members, Pam from Scrappin Fab Pam. Here are the guidelines for the giveaway:

- You will receive one entry for every card you enter in our weekly challenges (you can enter as many cards as you want for each challenge as long as they each have their own post on your blog)
- You will receive one entry for liking the Made Especially For You Facebook page
- You will receive one entry for every friend you get to link up to one of our challenges (your friend must let us know in their post that they have linked up because of you, otherwise we can't count it)

The winner of the cartridge will be randomly chosen and announced on Monday April 30th.


Have a fantastic week!
Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Love the colors and the design.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, your card is phenomenal. I have some old books that I purchased at the local Goodwill for craft purposes, and because I hoard everything, I haven't used a single page yet...LOL! Now I am inspired to do just that!
    :O)
    Jessica S

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card Ashley!!! Great job!!!

    I can tell you I will be checking out my local Goodwill for some crafty things!!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.cratinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I'm going to have to get in on this one. I love the challenge. Gonna have to put my thinking cap though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...