Sunday, June 23, 2013

Happy Birthday: Washi Tape Style

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I lucked out this weekend and had Saturday off, which doesn't happen often when you work part-time! It was so nice to have the whole day yesterday to craft and be kind of lazy. I think we all need that once in a while. :)

One of the projects I worked on was a card for this week's Use What You Have Challenge at Sweet Stamp Shop! I played along last week and won (yay!) and couldn't wait to play along again.


I may or not be a washi tape addict, even if it doesn't get used as often as I think it will when I buy it. :) So for this week's challenge, I decided to use some washi from my collection:


While it's not a huge collection, it's definitely a lot! Especially considering how much tape is on each roll. Reverting back to a card idea I saw on Pinterest a long time ago, here's what I came up with:



I used 5 different tapes from my stash and cut them all at different lengths so that they could layer on top of one another to form a cake. I cut the cake stand using my Cameo, and added some pearls in the corner of the card to match the colors of the tape.


The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from Sweet Stamp Shop's 'Simple Sentiments' set. These challenges always get my creative juices flowing and I love that! It's fun to go searching for supplies you don't use a lot and then make a project with them - you should give it a try. :)



7 comments:

  1. Super cute birthday cake. I bought a bunch of tape but haven't used it. I like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I made a booboo..:-)
    Yummy birthday cake!! Creative way to décor a card! Love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute way to use up some washi tape! I have been collecting the stuff and dont have a real idea for it yet and this is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw! cute!!! love that you were able to use your washi tape!! :) the cake is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just popping in to let you know that I got my washi tape from the giveaway and I found this post, lol. Thanks so much! I love the tapes and I am excited to create with them. Love your card here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...