Hey crafters! Can you believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner?! Only two weeks from today, yikes! Thankfully this past weekend I was able to get a head start on some Thanksgiving decoration ideas using fabulous products from Two Berry Creative!
I made few place cards for our Thanksgiving table and cornstalks that can be used to label food items (there's only one in this post since I was testing out the concept - I'll be making more for the other foods, I promise we won't just be eating mashed potatoes!)
The place cards are made using Rectangular Blank Tags and some fall paper from my stash. I adhered some patterned paper to a clothespin for decoration so the clothespin could be used to hold the card in place. I also distressed the edges of the tags with Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
Above are a few close-ups of the cornstalk. Making it was really easy! Here's what I did:
1. Cut strips of gold cardstock into 1/2" x 6" strips.
2. Lightly distress the edges of the paper with ink of your choice, I used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on these also.
3. Using a clear tube as a base, adhere the strips around the tube, lightly folding the ends of the paper to give them a curled look.
4. Add more strips to the inside of the tube to give the stalk a bustier look.
5. When all of your strips have been adhered, wrap twine around the center of the stalk. I used Gold Metallic twine from Two Berry Creative.
6. Use a Rectangular Blank Tag to write the name of the food dish, and tie it around the cornstalk. I distressed this tag with Gathered Twigs also.
Super easy to make and not very time consuming! There are lots of different ways you can embellish these place cards and I hope you found a bit of inspiration today, thanks for stopping by!