Happy New Year! Well, in a few hours, at least. :)
No projects to share today, but rather, I'd like to share with you what's up and coming for myself and my little blog in 2014.
The start of a new year is always exciting, and also a great time for change. I'm one of those people who embrace change and enjoy changing things up here and there.
So, what's coming in 2014?!
1. A new blog design! Yay! I'm excited to announce that at the end of January Made Especially for You will be receiving a makeover by Kim from 733 Design! I love her clean and simple, yet professional style and am excited to see what she has in store for my blog.
2. Personality. My most favorite blogs dive into the life of the blogger rather than simply sharing the blogger's fabulous projects, and I think it's time my readers get to learn a little bit more about me and my life, aside from my hobby.
3. Resources! As a certified Copic Instructor & Designer, I'm looking into putting together resources for the classes I teach, so stay tuned for those! A class schedule will also be found on my blog for local crafters interested in taking one of my classes.
4. New features. I've taken a step back from some (though not all) of my design team work, and am looking forward to bringing new features to my blog, such as "What I'm Loving Wednesday" where I'll be sharing things I'm currently drooling over! :)
5. Project Life! I have already started working ahead on pages for 2014 and cannot wait to begin sharing my layouts on a weekly basis! Hint: My first PL layout will be shared this Friday. :)
I've decided that 2014 is also the year of planning. With my new Erin Condren planner, this will be a piece of cake!
Okay, so, this planner cost $50. Now, before you go judging me, it is TOTALLY worth it. I'm not one to throw down $50 on just anything (especially as a college student) but I'm an organizing/planning/OCD freak and feel much better when I write things down to help keep my life in order. If you're nodding your head along with me, I highly suggest taking a look around her site!
P.S. When you create an account on the Erin Condren site, you automatically receive an email with a $10 off coupon! That's how I convinced Santa to buy this for me. :)
There are SO many different designs to choose from, and most everything can be personalized. How fun is that?!
My planner is organized into morning/day/night, which works well with my class schedule. There's also room underneath and on the side for weekly goals.
The planner holds A LOT and is laminated so you don't have to worry about destroying it! Well, it wouldn't be an easy task, at least. :)
I love the random, inspirational quotes found throughout the planner.
The fun, bright, colorful nature of the planner totally matches my personality, and there are TONS of different designs to choose from! If I could have them all, I would. :)
What are your crafty/blogging plans for 2014? I'd love to hear! :)