Thursday, January 16, 2014

Love Banner


Happy Thursday! I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since my last blog post... YIKES! I started my spring semester and my 9 classes/21 credits have been keeping me pretty preoccupied! Thankfully I'm getting a routine down and caught up on a bunch of assignments so I should be having more time to craft. My next Project Life segment will be posted on my blog this weekend!

Anyways! It's hard to believe that Valentine's Day is less than a month away! How crazy! Valentine's Day has to be one of my favorite "crafty" holidays, though, as a future teacher, Valentine's Day treats are so fun to make!

Today, though, I'm sharing with you all a simple banner I made for my home using products from Two Berry Creative

Inline image 5

To make the banner, I cut banner shapes using my Silhouette out of black cardstock and patterned paper from Pebble's "Front Porch" collection. Even though it's not a Valentine line, the theme of the papers worked perfectly!

I then cut heart shapes using my Silhouette as well, and added a chipboard letter to the center of each to spell out 'LOVE.' I lined each of the patterned papers with Red Riding Hood and Hot Pink Baker's Twine for some extra texture and dimension.

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Inline image 4

Lastly, I used what I thought was ribbon (but turned out to be adhesive tape, which is why it hangs a bit awkwardly) to hang the banner and attached each of the banner pieces using these adorableHeart Mini Clothespins

What Valentine's Day projects have you been working on lately? Next on my list are Valentine's goodie bags for my friends using lots of fabulous products from Two Berry Creative!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...