Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Perfect Vacation

So, when I posted a month ago saying I was back to blogging, I definitely had NO intention of taking nearly a month to actually start posting again. I have, however, been crafting during my unintended, four-week absence. :) I have a series of design team projects to share with you that I created for The Scrapbooking Studio, and I'm going to share my first set of projects today!

The three projects I'm about to share with you were all created using Imaginisce's "Perfect Vacation" line. Such a fun line for documenting all those summer trips and adventures!


This is a picture taken of my parents while visiting the Hoover Dam a few years back. I unfortunately, was not on this trip, but had fun flipping through the photo albums looking for the perfect picture to document and bring to life. 


The 'You Are My World Forever' is a die cut from the line, and I LOVE that saying!


The banner pieces are cut from a piece of paper from the line and I used some heart stickers from my stash to add more detail, along with adhering white enamel dots to give the banner a "strung" appearance. Using a white gel pen, I also added a tiny bit of journaling to another die cut from a piece of paper in the collection.


I just love Thickers! They add the perfect touch to this layout and some extra dimension. The camera was a last minute embellishment that I adhered using a pop dot for dimension as well. The arrow veneer (I'm addicted to wood veneers) is from Studio Calico and thought it fit well with the travel theme. 

Products Used
Perfect Vacation "Pack It Up" 12x12 Cardstock
Perfect Vacation "Random Stripes" 12x12 Cardstock
Perfect Vacation "Away We Go" 12x12 Cardstock
Perfect Vacation "Oh Snap!" Die Cuts
American Crafts Thickers
Studio Calico Wood Veneers

Next up is a tag!


I don't create tags very often, but when I do, I always tell myself to start making them more because they're so much fun! I started with a Kraft tag base from my stash and layered it with BoBunny Double Dot paper and also paper from "Perfect Vacation." I distressed the edges of the polka dot paper and used pop dots to adhere the snapshot frame and the suitcase die cuts. I embellished with enamel dots, and heart and star wood veneers, and added some crinkle ribbon to finish it off. 

Products Used

And last, but most certainly not least, a postcard!


I went back and forth trying to come up with an idea for a card using the collection - something along the lines of 'bon voyage' or 'safe travels.' However, after many failed attempts at generating an idea, it hit me. A postcard! How perfect?! I used papers from "Perfect Vacation," along with Thickers and a die cut, to embellish the front of the postcard. 


I looked up the actual size of a postcard (4.25" x 6", typically) and made a quick template on my computer for the address lines. I printed it out, cut it down, and then adhered the 'World Traveler' card cut from a piece of "Perfect Vacation" paper. The stamp is by Echo Park and I cut it with my Silhouette using the Print & Cut feature. 
 
Products Used
Perfect Vacation "Away We Go" 12x12 Cardstock
Perfect Vacation "World Traveler" 12x12 Cardstock
Perfect Vacation "Oh Snap!" Die Cuts
American Crafts Thickers

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out The Scrapbooking Studio's blog as well for more inspiring projects using the fabulous products they carry!


Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...