Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stamping with the Dragon Transportation Challenge

Boy, has it been a crazy week! I can't believe it's Thursday already. I honestly don't know where the time goes in the summer - every night before going to bed I think how I was JUST getting ready for bed the night before, and whatever I did during the day feels so far away. The good news is that I almost have all my cards done for the rest of the month (which is really only a week away) and then it's time to get started on all my cards for July, my goal is to be at least two weeks ahead of upcoming challenges, hops, etc., so in the fall when classes start up again I won't have to make cards last-minute all the time. We'll see if I can pull it off! :)

I created this card for the travel challenge over at Stamping with the Dragon, a new design team I started on a couple of weeks ago. I love their adorable dragon digis! This week's transportation challenge requires participants to create a card featuring some form of transportation. I chose to use the Rupert Goes Fishing Take 2 image to create this simple masculine card.




I'll admit I'm not too pleased with the way the pictures turned out, but hey, you win some and you lose some, right? To me the image was very calm and tranquil so I decided to make the card itself the same way by not making it too busy looking. The papers are from the Bold Basics paper pad by Recollections and I colored Rupert with my Prismacolor pencils. The blue bow looks much brighter in the picture than it actually is.

Stamping with the Dragon is sponsoring their challenge this week, and one lucky winner will receive two images of their choice from the store. Click here to enter the challenge and see what inspiration the rest of the design team has created for you! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. know what you mean about time Hun,I was up at 5 30 and its now,6 42,gosh seems only,5 mins since I got up love your card Hun that is one super cute image and great colours,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really beautiful card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...