Friday, August 24, 2012

Days Gone By

This week's challenge at Digi Haven is all about using a freebie vintage digital stamp on your project! Vintage cards simply terrify me because vintage is definitely not my style. I am so jealous of those who can pull off making beautiful vintage cards because I'm certainly not one of them! My style is definitely very modern, so I knew this challenge would be an actual challenge for me.

I used this freebie Drummer Boy image from Free Digital Vintage Stamps, which is a great place to go if you are ever looking for vintage stamps! They have a wide variety to choose from.




I used the most "vintagey" paper I could find in my collection, which turned out to be the perfect paper to match the digi. The sentiment is computer-generated and the buttons are from an old button stash, you should see some of the vintage buttons in there!

Thanks so much for reading, have a great weekend!
Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Very fun drummer boy and a great freebie too! Vintage is not my thing either, but I did have fun this week trying to come up with something. I think mine came out more shabby chic than anything...oh well!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Really love the backgroundpaper and the sentiment! Great digi find!
    Hugs xx Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stop! This is a gorgeous Vintage card and you did a fantastic job on it. I'd order a few dozen for my Christmas card list :o) LOL. No, seriously, you did a bang up job! Bar-umpa-bum-bum! We're going to miss you at Digi Haven, good luck in all your adventures. ♥ Denise www.DigiHaven.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the sheet music background with this little drummer! I will miss you on the Digi Haven Design team and will try to check in on your blog to see your creations!
    ~Sandy, Digi Haven DT
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...