Monday, August 6, 2012

Going Back to School with Vellum!

We're going back to school with vellum this week at Made Especially For You! I can't believe it's almost time for another school year... I finish up my summer classes this week and start fall classes during the last week of August. I'm looking forward to getting a lot of crafty stuff done during those few weeks I have off. :)

The sponsor of this week's challenge - create a back to school card using vellum - is The Stamping Boutique. One lucky winner will receive their choice of three images from the store!


Now, before I show you the card I made for this week's challenge, I just want to give you a heads up that I was in a MAJOR crafting lull when I made this card, and that's why it's so basic. Every once in a while I'll go through a phase where I'm not happy with ANYTHING I make, and it really puts a downer on my projects. Luckily the phase didn't last too long and I'm now back in the game. :)

Using an adorable back to school digi from The Stamping Boutique, here's my card:




I decided to use primary colors on my card since those just scream 'back to school' to me, and printed the 'Welcome Back!' sentiment on vellum. The image is colored with Prismacolor pencils and the red, yellow, and blue panels in the background are embossed with the Spots 'n Dots embossing folder, used with my Cuttlebug.

Speaking of back to school, don't forget to join us this Friday, August 10th, for our Back to School Blog Hop co-hosted with the design team of GoFish Challenge Blog! The fun starts right here at Made Especially For You. We hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by!
Ashley

3 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...