Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sealed With A Kiss

Happy Hump Day! One week today I'll be getting ready to move! Hard to believe that day is almost here. I should probably finish packing, too, but first I want to share with you the card I made for this week's Anything Goes challenge at Whimsical Designs!


I know it's not anywhere near Valentine's Day, but I saw the "Sealed with a Kiss" sentiment from Whimsical's "With Love" stamp set and couldn't resist! Even if the card is a bit lovey-dovey. :)


The hearts under the sentiment are from a sample stamp set I won from Sweet Stamp Shop! They were just what I needed when finishing off this card.


Any guesses as to what the lips are made of?! If you guessed Liquid Pearls, you're correct! Wondering how I did it? I'm feeling pretty generous today so I'll share my secret. :) When I thought of the idea for the card I went searching the Silhouette store for a lip die cut I liked, and came across a rhinestone template instead. I didn't have the right size rhinestones (nor enough of them) to make three lip patterns, and that's when I thought of Liquid Pearls! I bought the rhinestone pattern, opened it up in Silhouette Studio, and changed the dot pattern from black to a very, very light gray so I could still see the pattern, but it would still be faint enough in case I didn't cover a dot exactly. 

Our sponsor this week is Miriam's Crafting Supplies, and a winner will receive a $5 gift certificate to her fabulous embellishment shop!


Hope to see you playing along! :) Have a fabulous rest of your week.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE this card. So creative, and super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Love the different colored lips!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...