Thursday, July 12, 2012

May Your Day Bubble Over With Fun!

It's all about ribbons and bows for this week's challenge over at Stamping with Dragon! Let me just start off by saying that ribbons and bows are probably my most dreaded nightmare when it comes to crafting... I can barely tie a bow if my life depended on it! The plus side of my lack of bow-tying skills is that I'm always trying to find creative ways to use ribbon. I normally use it as an accent on cards and will sometimes embellish it with some bling. I kept it pretty clean cut with my challenge card, though, just by using it as a fun accent.

Papers from this card came from the Bold Basics Recollections paper pad. I used some white zig-zag ribbon as a fun centerpiece to divide the die cut and the sentiment.

I used the super fun Birthday Tickets digital stamp set to use as a sentiment on my card. As soon as I saw this sentiment I just knew there had to be a fish on here somewhere! :)

I gave this cute little fish some scales by embossing him with the Spots and Dots embossing folder using my Cuttlebug. 

One lucky winner of this week's Ribbons and Bows challenge will win their choice of four images from Dragon's Lair Designs!


And don't forget about Made Especially For You's 7 Days of Facebook Giveaways happening now through July 16th! Each day of this week (July 9 - July 16) one randomly chosen Facebook fan per day will win a prize IF they post on our wall telling us their favorite part about Made Especially For You. Click here for more information.


Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Super cute. I like the layout of your card and the scale look is fun.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really awesome card, love the details on your card. I have the same problem until I found the bow easy to make my bows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...