Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nuts About U


This week's Theme Day Thursday at My Cricut Craft Room is all about falling in love and/or fall flowers. I chose to make a card to go with the falling in love theme, and used the Create a Critter cartridge to help me make this cute acorn-shaped card - my first shaped card ever! :)




To make the card, I welded together two acorn shapes at 5.5" each in Cricut Craft Room and cut the welded shape out and scored where the two acorns connected. Then I cut the top brown part of the acorn to fit the shape, and embossed it with a polka dot embossing folder using my Cuttlebug. I used Copper stickles to add some sparkle to some of the dots, along with the tail on the squirrel. The little guy is cut at 3" and the leaves are cut at 1.25" also from the CAC cartridge using patterned DCWV fall paper. The phrase on the inside of the card was cut at 4" and I even used patterned paper that had acorns on it. :)

And now for an apology...
This month at My Cricut Craft Room we are supposed to use pink on our projects for breast cancer awareness. I could NOT find a way to use pink on this card, but couldn't pass up the "nuts about you" idea to tie in with the falling in love theme. I PROMISE there is pink underneath the top of the acorn, but silly me forgot to take a picture of it before covering it up! I was just too excited to finish the card... I'm so sorry!

Make sure to stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see what other fall projects the design team ladies have created to share with you!

5 comments:

  1. Now this is too cute!! You rocked this one.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card...I just love acorns for fall so you know I loved this!
    Teresa
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute cute!!!awesome how you used the "nuts about you" with the falling in love theme.
    ClaireR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossing on the top of the acorn. Very cute card.
    Jamie M
    MCCR DT sis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...