Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hope Your Birthday Is As Sweet As You!

As some of you may know I have a challenge blog called Red Carpet Studio. We launched back in September and offer alternating weekly card and layout challenges, all inspired by movies. Challenges run from Sunday through Saturday evening each week and we always have a sponsored prize and choose our top three spotlight submissions. It's a lot of fun and the design team is so talented! While I've done a LOT of behind the scenes work these past few months to help get the blog up and running, I have yet to participate in an actual challenge! I know, I know, shame on me...

Since it's the fifth week of the month which only happens a few times a year, we do an anything goes themed challenge. This week's challenge is inspired by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! Create any "sweet" project - meaning candy, cake, cookies, etc. One lucky, randomly chosen winner will receive a FREE blog makeover from Vampire Craftin! Stacy designed my blog and she does AMAZING work! Definitely a challenge worth entering. :)

My boss's birthday is this week and I decided to make her a birthday card, featuring something sweet, of course. :)


The patterned papers are from the DCWV 8 Stack paper collection and the solid turquoise and green cardstock is also by DCWV. The cupcake is cut at 2.75" from the Sweet Treats Cricut cartridge and the white scallop is cut at 4" from Cricut Craft Room Basics. The sentiment is computer generated.


I added some Crystal Stickles to the flower and sprinkles on the cupcake and added Turquoise Stickles around the white scallop. All papers aside from the sentiment and base cardstock are slightly distressed with blue ink. The turquoise circle is embossed with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder using my Cuttlebug.

Thanks so much for reading! I hope you are having a lovely weekend and take some time to enter this week's challenge at Red Carpet Studio! We'd love to have you. :)

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...