Monday, December 31, 2012

My Favorite Creations of 2012

As the year comes to an end I thought I'd take some time and look back on the projects I've made this year and choose my favorites. As a fairly new paper crafter it's so interesting to look back and see how your style and creativity have grown. A year ago at this time I had only just received my Cricut and was learning the many wonderful things it can do, and now I use it on almost on all of my projects and it has helped my creativity reach a whole new level. 

(Warning: This post is slightly picture-heavy).

Without further ado, here are my top favorite projects of 2012:

This card was made back in February for a challenge at The Perfect Sentiment. The challenge was to make a 'missing you' card with buttons. I had just purchased the All Dressed Up paper stack by DCWV and couldn't wait to use it... this paper collection is still one of my favorites! 
Original post can be found here.

This Easter card was made in March for a three button challenge. It was my first time using a banner on a card and I love the way it turned out, especially with the pretty pastel color scheme. The bunny was cut from the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge.
Original post can be found here.

This card was created in May and I had just started using digital stamps. I don't color too often, but I really got into it after trying the first time and went out and bought a decent-sized back of Prismacolor pencils to get me started. Once I can afford Copics I think I'll start coloring more often again. :)
Original post can be found here.

I used a Bugaboo digi to make this graduation card in June. I just really love the way it turned out as far as the layout and the coloring. I remember being completely unsure of how I was going to make this card and then somehow it all came together. Funny how those types of cards can end up being one of your favorites!
Original post can be found here.

I am absolutely terrible at typing bows, so the fact that there is an actual, decent-looking bow on this card makes it one of my favorites. I also love the color combo, the fun papers, and the cute birthday birdie. 
Original post can be found here.

This was made for a Christmas in July challenge. It was so simple to make yet I love it. The Christmas tree is cut from the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge and instead of cutting the layers for the tree from the cartridge I hole punched ornaments from the background paper and added some gold glitter to the star on top of the tree and ribbon for garland. Love it!
Original post can be found here.

Okay, this is just too cute to NOT be a favorite. The crafting nut and the sentiment are from Bugaboo, the card was made for a challenge at V's Sweet Ideas when I was on their design team. I love the little banner and instead of using a border cut using my Cricut I used crafting scissors which aren't a tool I use often on cards since I can't cut in a straight line. :)
Original post can be found here.

Masculine cards are usually a challenge for me, but this one came pretty easy. I made the sentiment myself and cut a film strip from the Artiste cartridge. The papers are DCWV and I used layers of cardstock hearts, adhered them together, inked them, and then used glossy accents to give them some shine.
I thought I posted about this one... but I guess not? 

Penguins are my favorite animal ever, and this adorable penguin paired with the cool color combo just makes me smile.
Original post can be found here.

I'm a total glitter girl and can't help but love the glitter on every part of this card! No patterned papers either but the distressed Kraft cardstock makes a nice background.
Original post can be found here.

Love the background paper and the way all of the elements came together.
Original post can be found here.

This rosette tree was inspired by a project I saw on the Cricut website. I took my own take on it from the original instructions but I love the way it turned out!
Original post can be found here.


I have a hard time picking favorites... 
if that wasn't completely obvious already. :)

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Great projects you picked for 2012. Can't wait to see what you create in 2013.

    Happy New Year,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to look back on fun projects. I love the Reely Love you card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so fantastic! Isn't it fun to look over the year?
    I update Monday Challenge for Feline Playful, and I notice that you no longer have a "weekly challenge" tab. Have you discontinued your challenges? Please let me know so that I can update our challenge list. Best, CG (CGsaysSomethingLoudly@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards. I can imagaine it was hard to choose. Have a great New Year.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...