Sunday, October 2, 2011

All That Glitters Is Gold

Hi everyone! I'd like to share with you the card I made for the design team's weekly challenge over at Becky's Sweet Creations (the card is also posted there). This week's challenge was to create something that you've been wanting to make or have already made. After a coworker of mine celebrated her golden birthday last week, I realized I had never made a golden birthday card for anyone before, and that's where the inspiration came from for this challenge. Here's what I came up with:







What I used to make the card:
- Cuttlebug with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder, vintage die cut and gift die cut
- Black, silver and gold cardstock paper
- 'Happy Birthday' clear stamps with gold ink
- 'golden' chipboard letters with gold glitter
- Silver glitter
- Elmer's glue pen and adhesive glue dots
- Gold adhesive embellishments


On a side note, next weekend (October 8th & 9th) Made Especially For You will be part of Becky's Sweet Creations Boy/Girl themed Blog Hop! It'll be a two-day hop that will showcase our design team's fabulous members and boy/girl themed projects. There will also be plenty of chances to win blog candy along the way! The button is posted on the sidebar of my blog, we hope to see you there! :)


Thanks so much for reading, enjoy the rest of your weekend!


Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, this is so pretty & elegant!! Did you just use glue & glitter on the embossed pieces? I love the border punch you used!! Awesome card!! :)
    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is so gorgeous! I love how you embossed the silver paper and added the glitter glue! Very cute :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :) To answer your question, Laura, I did just use glitter and glue on the embossed pieces. I love the added touch it gives the card - I've been going through a glitter phase lately (if you couldn't tell). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...