Saturday, May 19, 2012

Do You Speak Cricut Saturday - Potpourri Basket

Welcome to this week’s edition of Do You Speak Cricut Saturday. Every Saturday will feature a different Cricut cartridge review from one of the Made Especially For You design team members. This feature was added to the blog in order to give potential cartridge buyers a better idea of what each cart has to offer. Click here to view last week's Fabulous Finds cartridge review. This week, Laura is going to share her review of the Potpourri Basket cartridge.

Hi there!

I chose to do my 'chat' on the Potpourri Basket cartridge as it is one of my favourites!

Don't be deceived by this cutesy box, this cartridge has a plethora of cuts available.  So many in fact, that it has 2 overlays!  Which means one of the function buttons controls this second overlay.
 
This cartridge is a compilation of select shape graphics from many available cartridges. These include Fabulous Finds, New Arrival, Celebrations, Joys of the Season, Stretch your Imagination, Doodlecharms, Walk in May Garden, Going Places, My Community, Beyond Birthdays, Indie Art, Home Accents, Campout, Baseball, Street Sign, Soccer, and Wedding.  Which makes it a great 'go-to' cartridge for many of your projects and a great investment, too!

Here are a few cuts that I made to show you some of what it can do....

As with most cartridges, you will notice that I cut the tree out and then I was able to cut out only the top portion.


With these pieces I created this little card:


To make the fence a little more realistic, I stamped it with a wood grain stamp, in a tone-on-tone colour.


 I also added some blue ink to the edges of my clouds, to give them a little more dimension.


A little punched out area gives room for my sentiment.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and read my review. If you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Laura 
xoxo
www.scrappinaroundtheclock.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Very nice - that is a great cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, this is a great cart that I have clearly overlooked. Thanks for bringing it to mind. Now I'll have to seek it out. Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...