Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Would You Ever Guess Wednesday


Hi everyone! I'm so excited to announce that a few weeks ago I joined the design team over at My Cricut Craft Room! It's an absolutely amazing blog with so much going on and TONS of crafty projects every week! 

I had never heard of Would You Ever Guess Wednesday before (WYEGW for short) but immediately loved the idea as soon as I found out what it was. Here's what it's all about:

" We take some of the feature keys of a Cricut Cartridge, you know on the keypad layover the keys on the far left on the top three rows.... sometimes called layer, tag, card, font ...etc. We use ONLY those keys, and not the image or its shadow. Basically if you can see it on the back of the cartridge box.... we don't use it! Or its shadow which is about the same thing ;) We might also use a Cake cartridge to make a paper creation (All cake cartridges work in ALL cricut machines) But sometimes people forget about those cartridges. So we want to show you some of those and make you say "I would never have thought of that."

I had so much fun making a card for this challenge! I love making cards using different techniques and a good crafty challenge is always fun. Can you guess which cartridge I used on my card? :)


Close-up of the embossing on the stamp


If you guessed Create A Critter, you're correct! Tricky, huh? The postal stamp and 'Love' were cut at 1.5" using the Accessory feature on one of the icons. I would've never guessed Create A Critter just by looking at the card!

Here's What I Used To Make The Card:
- White and red cardstock
- 'Love Typewriter' paper by The Paper Studio
- 5" by 7" notecard cut down to 3" by 3.5"
- Cuttlebug with the 'D'vine Swirl' embossing folder
- Red rhinestones
- Flower brads
- Typewriter alphabet stamps with black ink

Make sure to stop by My Cricut Craft Room to see what the other DT ladies created for their WYEGW projects!

Thanks for stopping by!
Ashley

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I just love exploring my carts and finding those wonderful hidden cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very sweet card!

    DT sis ~ Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Ashley. BTW, I guessed wrong and thought it was from Stamped!!! You did an amazing post for the DT. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card. Red and black is my fave color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, great job! And I so would not have guessed Create A Critter! LOL TFS
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sista
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love create A Critter...better look at that one more closely!
    Lisa
    http://ourcraftingcorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I don't have that cart...time to pick it up after seeing such an intriguing project. TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...