Monday, May 28, 2012

MEFY Paper Piercing Challenge!

Happy Monday and Memorial Day! I hope everyone who has a long weekend is enjoying it. :) It's been extremely hot here and I've been enjoying my weekend off work and trying to soak up some more rays.

This week's challenge here at Made Especially For You is to create a card using the technique of paper piercing.

(Make sure to note the challenge is paper piercing not paper piecing. Here's a great link to some paper piercing patterns, one of which I used on my card).

My card for this week's challenge sort of ties in with the hot weather theme.. it's an invitation for a pool party! I tend to stick with basic-shaped cards, but every once in a while I like to change things up a bit, and this week I decided to make an easel card. :) 

Front view

Angle view

Side view

Close-up of the paper piercing and digi

The adorable dragon digi on my card is from Stamping with the Dragon. They're an awesome challenge blog and have a fabulous digital stamp store. They're also having a design team call, if anyone is interested!

This week's sponsor is Adams Acres. One randomly chosen winner of this week's paper piercing challenge will win a $10 gift certificate to their site and will also be offered a one-week guest designer position here at MEFY. The top three submissions will be chosen by the design team and will receive a badge to display on their blogs.

We'd love to have you play along with us! Visit the 'Weekly Challenge' page to submit your card using the technique of paper piercing.

Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous DT projects this week.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love this card. This is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your paper piercing is awesome Ashley! It is a fun technique to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is brilliant Hun,your paper piecing is just first class,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...