Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stamping with Dragon Sketch Challenge

Stramping with Dragon is having a sketch challenge this week! One lucky winner will receive four images of their choice from Dragons Lair Designs if they submit a card inspired by the following sketch created by Tams, a former Stamping with Dragon design team member.


I love sketch-inspired challenges because half the work is already done for you! Sometimes one of the hardest things for me is to figure out the layout of the card I'm making and with sketch challenges all you have to do is figure out which papers and embellishments you want to use that will fit the sketch.



I pretty much stuck to the sketch with this card with the exception of using a heart instead of a circle. Sometimes I alter the sketch a lot and days when I'm not feeling too creative (which I haven't been lately, although I think it's starting to come back!) I like to stick with the literal sketch. I used the Penny Dragon In Heart image and colored her with my Prismacolor pencils. She's so cute! The patterned papers are from the Recollections Bold Basics stack and I used the ribbon, rhinestones, photo corner, and brads from my stash. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Ashley


2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...