Sunday, January 1, 2012

Out With The Old and In With The New Blog Hop - Day 2

Welcome to the Out With The Old and In With The New two-day New Year's Blog Hop! We're so happy you could join the Made Especially For You design team in celebrating the new year. Day one of the hop will feature some of our favorite projects we've created this past year, and day two of the hop will feature a New Year's themed project. If you've come from another blog in the hop and are looking to start at the beginning of the hop, you're in the right place. :) 

The weekly challenge this week here at Made Especially For You is to create a New Year's card featuring glitter. Although the challenge won't officially start until tomorrow, I thought I'd share my card as my New Year's project for the hop. 



I actually found this challenge more challenging than I thought it would be. I decided to play around with the 'Luau' cartridge and see what I could come up with. Who doesn't want to be celebrating the new year on a warm, sandy beach? :) I glittered the middle of the leaves, the drink glasses and the middle of the sun. 

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to enter your own New Year's card with glitter into the challenge! The sponsor this week is Liz from Decade of Scrap. She will be offering the randomly chosen winner up to three sets of digital New Year's sentiments! 

What fun is a blog hop without blog candy? I'll be giving away the following crafty goodies:
- 1 spool of pink ribbon
- 1 clear stamp set
- 1 set of gold/silver rhinestones
- Assorted chipboard pieces
- Paper Bliss scrapbook accent frame
- 1 package of green, wooden buttons
- 2 pre-made cards and envelopes
- 1 rubber stamp

Entering to win is easy! Here's what you have to do:
   1.) Become a follower (if you aren't already)
   2.) Comment on a post either day of the hop (you'll be entered twice if you comment both days) 
   3.) 'Like' the Made Especially For You Facebook page


The winner will be randomly chosen and announced on Tuesday January 3rd


Your next stop is Jamie's blog - she has some wonderful projects to share with you!

13 comments:

  1. Great Card Ashley. Have a great New Year!!
    Beckypurplehaze@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right -- I WOULD like to be celebrating the New Year on a warm, toasty beach!!! Well, that's not happening, so I'll just have to kick up the heat in my craft room and spread some sand! LOL. Hope your new year is especially happy!!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great card. I like it!

    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I would love to be on a beach somewhere, but no likely for now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohh love the beach scene cad... wishing I was there right now.. feel the warmth :) new follower parkernana5@cox.net
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!!! your sand is awesome,,,,lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card and lovely candy
    I am your old follower
    Happy New Year
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun card- I love the glitter on the sand! Happy New Year! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glitter sand. Great card.

    Vicki
    vwilson577 at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. A warm, sandy beach sounds good to me. (Don't have a Facebook site) Have a Happy New Year.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun and relaxing card! I won't mind be on the beach right now!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun card Ashley!
    http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh that beach looks so inviting! after the holidays, I'm sure we could all enjoy a vacation in the sun :) great card, Ashley! thanks for sharing!

    donna.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...