Wednesday, January 11, 2012

PSC #14: Photo-Inspired Sympathy

I'm back again with another guest designer card for The Perfect Sentiment. :) The challenge this week is to create a sympathy card based off the following photo:




I absolutely love doing these photo inspiration sketches. They're so much fun! Here's my take on the sketch:
The card is really simple, I didn't want to do anything too over-the-top for a sympathy card. Plus, the picture is very calm and tranquil, and I wanted to keep the card that way, too, rather than making it busy. The white paper flowers are handmade, and the blue accent piece is embossed with the D'vine Swirl embossing folder.

As you can obviously tell, I used the colors in the photo on my card. I tried to use the same amount of each color as there is in the photo (a lot of white, a decent amount of turquoise, and a touch of black). I also used the shape of the pond for the bottom half of the card and embossed it to give it the effect of the gentle ripples.

Our awesome sponsor this week is Shelly's Images. The winner will receive one digi image of their choice.



This card is also my challenge creation for the weekly challenge this week here at Made Especially For You - create a card featuring machine embossing. Click here to check it out, I would love if you played along with us! Thanks for reading, check back next Wednesday for another The Perfect Sentiment guest designer card! :)

Ashley

11 comments:

  1. Great job with the inspiration photo, Ashley! I love how you cut the blue c/s on a curve like the curve of the pond- very clever! And the swirls, too- they are awesome! Lovely card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW I love how you shaped the blue to flow with the edge of the lake and embossed it like waves in the water. Your card is absolutely stunning. Now I am going to have to machine emboss something and comeback and join in your fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Ashley! I LOVE this card. Love it's powerful simplicity. Love those colors.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. the flowers are a great accent for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love your handmade flowers. What a nice touch. Love how you planned it all out balancing the colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card- love the flowers!!! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great representation of the inspiration photo. Love the image of the lake and your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you represented the photo. I think it works so well. Adding the dry embossing for the lake is a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Ashley! Great take on the photo inspiration challenge! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I just linked up my card to your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, Ashley! I love the flowers and how you represented the lake! So pretty! And thanks so much for the info on your challenge...I linked up!! Have a great weekend :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the touch of black, it offsets the blue nicely, also love the flowers that you made!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...