Sunday, September 22, 2013

Don't Worry, Bee Happy!

Hey everyone! It's my design team day over at Get Inky Stamps and I thought I'd share with you the card I made for their current "Birds and Bees" challenge!


I'm in love with this CAS card! Both the sentiment and the bee are from Get Inky's "Buzzing Bees" stamp set. I colored the bee with Copics Y13, Y15, Y19, Y26, and added a bit of B00 to the wings to make them appear translucent. 

I adhered some twine for the bee's "trail," and lastly, used my Silhouette to cut hexagons out of honeycomb paper. For a final touch, I inked the edges with Scattered Straw Distress Ink by Tim Holtz. 

On a side note, things have been crazy busy around here! I start a practicum this coming week where I have to spend a couple mornings in a third grade classroom every week. It's definitely exciting, but another thing to add to my schedule. 

I also finally started Project Life! I purchased a kit during an HSN special back in March and made the decision to wait until I moved to start using it, and now that I have, I've been collecting/printing pictures from the past few weeks to start putting the first pages together. Hoping to have something to share with you all by next weekend! :)


3 comments:

  1. This is so Stinking CUTE! Love it!
    Please stop by my blog for the Trendy Twine Giveaway!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!! I can't wait to see your project life, once you get going with it you will really love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...