Monday, September 2, 2013

Fall in Love

Happy Labor Day! Did you all enjoy your holiday weekend? I spent mine hanging out with family, catching up on homework, and also doing a bit of crafting. :) One of the projects I got done this weekend was a card for this week's photo inspiration challenge at Peachy Keen:


The gorgeous colors in this picture inspired me to make a fall card. It's still pretty warm here in Illinois, which makes it hard to believe fall is just around the corner! 



Unfortunately I didn't have the right purple paper to match the purple in the photo, but I was able to use  the green, yellow, red, and orange. The papers I used are from DCWV's Fall & Halloween collection, which has some really fun papers for this time of year. 

I cut the leaves at about 2" using the Simply Scarecrow Cricut Cartridge, and brought them to life using face stamps from PK-493, which I've come to find is my go-to stamp set for small die cuts. They fit perfectly! I distressed the edges of the leaves to give them some dimension, and added pearls, ribbon, and lace as accents to the card. The 'fall in love' sentiment is from Unity Stamp Co, and worked perfectly for these little leaves in love. :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)


7 comments:

  1. So cute leaves!!! Love your card.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still pretty hot here in NJ too, definitely hard to believe its September! Love your card...too cute! Great pps and PK faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Love the adorable leaves and their faces! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL job with your fall card, It looks FANTASTIC!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love all the different textures!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very pretty Fall card! Love the layout and all the layers! Great attention to detail. Thanks for joining the Peachy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...