Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, everyone! It feels like just yesterday I started seeing Halloween decorations go up in stores, and now it's already here and Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner! I'm really looking forward to the holiday season though, so I can't complain too much. :)

Today I have not one, but FOUR Halloween projects to share with you all! All the projects were made using My Mind's Eye "Happy Haunting" collection. First up is a banner!


The banner was made entirely with papers from the "Happy Haunting" collection, and it's strung together using Gray Sky Twine from 2 Berry Creative. The color matched the papers perfectly and because it's super strong and durable, had no problem supporting the banner. Here are some close-ups:




Next we have a layout! I don't make too many of these, so embrace the rarity. :)


The layout is 8.5 x 11, and the picture is of my sister when she was a little girl. I wanted to prove that even though this is a Halloween collection, it could be used for fall projects as well. I used white Thickers and distressed them with Antique Linen Distress Ink by Tim Holtz to match the cream in the paper. The scallops on the bottom are cut from a piece of patterned paper, and the buttons and banner pieces are from the chipboard pieces that go along with the collection.


This card was featured on my blog last week, but thought I'd share it again since it matches the other projects. You can read more info here in the original post. (It also won a Top 3 spot in a Peachy Keen Stamps challenge!)


And last up we have a tag! I'm really pleased with the way this tag turned out, and how I was able to use a couple of brads and chipboard embellishments. The 'Boo!' sentiment is from the coordinating stamp set that goes along with the collection, and the crinkle ribbon is from 3 Girl Jam.

All "Happy Haunting" supplies used are from The Scrapbooking Studio and the projects are on display at their Moline location! Here's a complete list:

Banner:

Layout:

Card:

Tag:

I hope you have a safe, happy, and "spooktacular" Halloween! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...