Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Peachy Halloween Projects

One of my favorite things about the beginning of a new month is that it's also time for new Peachy Keen stamps! I'm part of their stamp kit of the month club and love seeing what adorable new stamps they cook up each month. Another fun part about their new releases is that they also host special challenges, and today I'd like to share with you the projects I entered in each of them. 

Challenge #1 is all about using only TWO colors on a fall/Halloween project... yikes! This one was tougher than I anticipated, but we were allowed to use one "neutral" color, so that saved me a bit. :) The colors I chose were Kraft, black, and purple.


I really struggled with this challenge at first and ran through lots of ideas/sketches before finally coming up with this one. The spider is from the Create a Critter 2 Cricut cartridge and his face is of course a Peachy Keen stamp (their shop is down at the moment otherwise I would link to the specific set).

Other materials used to create the card are:
- Kraft & black cardstock
- Patterned papers from DCWV'S Fall & Halloween stack
- Cuttlebug w/Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
- Action Wobble
- Pop dots
- Liquid Pearls

And now for Challenge #2! This challenge required we make a 3D Halloween project, how fun! Using a file from the Silhouette store, I created a 3D Halloween treat bag, that unfortunately is empty at the moment since I may or may not have eaten the treats that were supposed to go in there... :)


I stuck with a clean and simple look for this bag and made the base with Kraft. The green patterned paper is Echo Park, and I used stamps from Get Inky Stamps and Inkadinkado for the sentiment and bat. I adhered the ghost and the banner using pop dots, and gave the ghost a face from Peachy Keen's September stamp set of the month. Tied a few strings of twine together to hold close the bag and it was complete. :)

I'm off to work on a few more projects, be sure to stop by tomorrow to check out a card I made for my guest designer spot at Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions this month! :)



2 comments:

  1. What adorable projects!! Love the PK faces you've used!! Great work!! Thanks for playing along in the PK October Release Party challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...