Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Simple Thank You

Over the weekend it hit me that I still had to make thank you cards for those who got me birthday gifts! My birthday was just over a week and a half ago, and I told myself right after my birthday to get started on those, but of course other things come up and the thank you cards get forgotten about. Until now! Today I'd like to share one I made for my grandma, actually, that I'm also entering into this week's anything goes challenge at Peachy Keen. :)


The card is 6.5 x 5 inches and the tulip is about 4 inches tall. I used Peachy Keen face from the PK-451 Wide-Eyed kids stamp set, a new set in my collection! The Thank You stamp is one I purchased at Michael's a while back and the papers are from the "Chloe's Closet" paper stack made by Making Memories. The lace is from my stash.  


I lightly distressed the edges of the tulip with Tim Holtz distress ink in  Wild Honey and colored her eyelids and tongue using orange and pink gel pens. :) I love the way Peachy Keen faces just light up a card!

12 comments:

  1. Aw, I LOVE this sweet tulip. It is ADORABLE!!! Thanks for joining the Peachy Keen Anything Goes Challenge! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a happy little tulip! Love all the colors! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! The flower is adorable with the PK face and the crocheted trim is wonderful! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card,Very pretty,Super cute tuplip...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable tulip on that card! And I hope you had a great birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Hope you had a great birthday! I do agree that Peachy faces tend to light up a card! I love the colors and patterned papers you used.
    -Thia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is soooo SUPER SWEET,GORGEOUS job with your cute little flower!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your fresh Spring card with us at Peachy Keen Stamps! Puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...