Sunday, March 3, 2013

I Love You to the Moon and Back

Happy Sunday! What are you all up to today?! I'm headed off to work here in a few minutes - I host a monthly book club for elementary school kids the first Sunday of every month and today a local children's author is attending our meeting - very exciting! Then I'll be coming home this evening and getting crafty! Should be a great day. :)

Majority (like, 90%) of the projects I create are for design teams I'm on. Between work and classes, that's really all I have time for. But somehow I've caught up lately and last night decided to make a card just for fun, and enter it in a few challenges:


When I saw the Peachy Keen Challenge this week was to use stars on a card, and then saw this week's sketch at Sketchy Friday (see below) the idea for this card came to mind and I couldn't wait to get started! This is also my first card made using my Cameo (just got it on Friday), so that's really exciting!

Here's the sketch that inspired this card:


I tweaked it a little bit, mainly because the sentiment was longer and wouldn't be able to fit on the bottom. The sentiment is from the Whimsical Designs "Whimsical Fun Vol. 1" stamp set.

The stars and moon were cut with my Cameo and then I inked the edges with Copic markers - I believe I used Y19 for the stars and B00 for the moon. The faces are of course, Peachy Keen, and I used some 3 Girl Jam ribbon in Sterling White and Trendy Twine in Stone to top it all off.

Entering this card in the following challenges:

Peachy Keen 13-9 - Create a card using stars in some way
Sketchy Friday - Use above sketch

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

13 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Aren't the Peachy faces so much fun?? Great job!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch Ashley... Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Friday, and next time, download my FREE sketch file to cut with the Silhouette... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love your take on the sketch! The moon and stars are so adorable! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Friday!

    Sharla
    SF DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how very cute and what a terrific sketch! Wish I saw it before I made my card for the peachy challenge I would've used it!

    Great job Ashley!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! What a great take on this week's Sketchy Friday sketch!
    {hugs}
    DEbbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. miss ashley, you really rocked this sketchy friday challenge. thank you for joining us sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute card!
    http://scrappinsmiles-myblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool you had time to play for fun and you chose our sketch!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Friday this week, hope to see you soon...
    Hugs,
    Ardilla

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWESOME looking card,GREAT job with it!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! And congrats on catching up with everything & creating just for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, how cute is this? Great take on the sketch! And congrats on the Cameo, I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with it.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchy Friday, we are so glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is super cute! I really like that sketch too! Thanks for entering PKS challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...