Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We Wood Like To Say Thank You

A coworker's husband of mine recently made us adirondack chairs for our backyard and in record time since he is having major surgery this week and originally told us he was going to have to wait until May to make them when he was fully recovered, but instead he was able to get them done in time! And even made two extra tables to go with them for no extra charge, he's so sweet. I knew a thank you card was in order!

I already had the idea for the card in my head (I knew I wanted to it have something to do with tools) and when I saw the color inspiration photo for this week's Peachy Keen challenge, the idea fell into place.


And here's my take on the color combo:



It's not the usual style of card I make since there aren't any layers, but I had to show off the wood-patterend background I made using my Cameo since that's what ties the card together. All of the tools were cut with my Cameo using cuts from the Silhouette store, and I distressed the edges of each using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the shades of Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Pumice Stone, and Wild Honey. And of course I used Peachy Keen stamps for their faces. :)

The sentiment was also made using my Cameo. If this card weren't going to be sent via snail mail, I would've adhered the tools and the sentiment with pop dots but didn't want to run the risk of them getting damaged, so I used my ATG gun to snugly secure them instead. :)

Linking up at PK-1310

Have a wonderful evening. :)

7 comments:

  1. Super cute! What a great background!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect sentiment! Love that wood bakcground too! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tools are so cute! The PK faces are perfect on them and I really like the woodgrain in the background! Thanks for joining us in this week's PK Photo Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT job with the COOL tools and the background is just perfect!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ashley! This background is a new one on me! I LOVE it! Your card is just the ticket for a 'man card'! Thanks for joining in with us at Peachy Keen this week. Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute! What a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Peachy Keen Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...