Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Let's Celebrate... St. Patty's Day!

I can't believe it's almost St. Patrick's Day already! Before we know it it'll be Easter, then Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, then Halloween and almost back to Christmas! Amazing how fast time flies. I guess that means I'm having fun, though, right?! :)

I also can't believe it's Wednesday again, which means it's time for another Whimsical Wednesday challenge at Whimsical Designs! This week's challenge theme is "Happy St. Patty's Day." We want to see all of your St. Patrick's Day-themed projects! 

Since I normally make cards for the WW challenges, this week I decided to do something different and make a tag instead. Challenges are normally tricky for me to make, but thanks to the help of my Cameo, this was super easy to make!


The tag is about 5" tall and cut completely with my Cameo. The entire tag is solid green, but I cut a rectangle with round corners the exact size so that it would fit perfectly. Both the solid and patterned papers are Recollections. I added some 3 Girl Jam crinkle ribbon to the bottom and pearls on top of it for an extra embellishment. There are also some green dew drops in the upper righthand corner.


The Let's Celebrate sentiment is from Whimsical Designs' "Everyday Sentiments" stamp set and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen. The digital stamp is a freebie from SK Digis, I colored it with Copics and embellished the belt buckle with Golden Rod Stickles. Twine is from The Twinery.


I embellished the shamrocks on the top with Lime Green Stickles - perfect for St. Patrick's Day since the green glitter has a hint of gold!

Our sponsor this week is Miriam's Crafting Supplies! One lucky, randomly chosen winner will receive their choice of 10 sets of pearls. Hint: That's where the pearls and dew drops on my tag are from. :)


Hope to see you linking up!
Have a fantastic rest of your week and a Happy St. Patrick's Day. :)

9 comments:

  1. I was just saying the same EXACT thing that you said in your first paragraph. It is sooo true. Before we know it it will be Christmas again! Your tag is really cute. I love the shamrocks at the top. Great papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute tag

    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com
    blogging it foward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, your tag is so pretty! Love how you used the twine to frame part of it. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling tag!!!! Love the top of it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous - Love how you decorated the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Ashley. Love it. Love the top too. Great job.

    Tereese (Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your project for our wd dt is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...