Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fluttering By To Say Hi

Happy Hump Day! And boy, do I need to get over that hump this week! It's been crazy here. It's the week before spring break which means midterms. Yuck. Then an all-day staff training workshop at work on Friday, with two speakers. Double yuck. On the bright side, after all this not-so-fun stuff is over, I'll have an entire week to get crafty! :)

Whimsical Wednesday's challenge this week is "Think Spring/Easter" and use yellow and pink on your project. It definitely isn't spring yet here... we just got hit by Snow Storm Saturn yesterday! In my opinion it shouldn't be allowed to snow in March, especially not two days before my birthday. :) It's nice to think spring, at least!


This card was created using papers from the new My Mind's Eye "Unforgettable" paper collection. I love it! This is probably the closest I've ever come to making a shabby chic card, so I'm pretty proud of it. :) My style tends to be more fun/cartoonish, but every once in a while it's fun to go out on a limb and try something a bit different. 

The enamel dots and the brad are from a coordinating brad set that matches the paper collection. The butterfly is cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge and embellished with Liquid Pearls. The ribbon is from 3 Girl Jam and the sentiment is from the Whimsical Fun Vol. 1 stamp set. I distressed the edges of the papers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Pumice Stone.

Make sure to stop by the blog for more DT inspiration! We also have a wonderful sponsor this week, Designs on Cloud 9! One lucky winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to their store.

Hope your week is less crazy than mine! :)

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with your midterms & everything! I know I'm counting down the days until spring break... [though, my break is already filled with tons of work]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Ashley! I think your shabby chic looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Ashley.. Love your paper choice, plus that butterfly adds such a great touch..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty Card, Ashley. I love butterflies. Love all the pretty colors. I'm so ready for spring. :)

    Tereese (Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love our card. The paper is gorgeous. We got the storm Saturn today. Boy is he messy. Snow and rain. Big mess. Your card makes me feel like spring will soon be here
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card and those colours would brighten anyone up, just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absoulutely love your card! Such pretty colors and embellishments. Makes me smile when I look at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card ashley i adore the paper and the layout. happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!! Love the yellow dots on the card and the butterfly!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...