Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary 2nd Challenge Card

I think I'm becoming addicted - to challenges! This is only my second challenge entry, but I can already tell it definitely won't be the last. Like last week, I entered the Mojo Monday challenge again, except this week they're playing for prizes! There's still a little time left to enter if you're interested, here's this week's sketch:




I've always wanted to incorporate triangles into one of my cards and also make a black and red card, so this was the perfect opportunity for both. It took me a while to think of, but here's what I came up with:




Here's some close ups of the card, you can view them larger by clicking on them. The left picture focuses on the embossing (Polka Dot embossing folder by Provo Craft) and the right picture focuses on the sentiment. 


This card was made using:
Paper: Red, white & black cardstock
Sentiment: 'Happy Anniversary' stamp with red ink
Embossing: Cuttlebug with Polka Dot embossing folder
Embellishments: White & red chipboard flower, black & white patterned adhesive ribbon
Basic Supplies: Paper trimmer, decorative scissors, black marker, Elmer's glue pen, adhesive dots

What are some of your favorite weekly challenges? Feel free to post links, I would love to take a look!


Also, if you have the time, please take a moment to answer the poll on the top left-hand side of the homepage. Thanks! :)


Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Very nice- great take on the challenge! The embossing looks great. :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love challenges also! I think my favorite is http://colorcombosgalore.ning.com/ because they have some of the most inspirational challenges [both a color palate & some other sort of inspiration, like this challenge it was to use vellum]. I also really like http://sketchythursdays.blogspot.com/ if you like sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, love it.

    thanks for stopping by my blog

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Great card!! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...