Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quick Birthday Card & Announcements

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Today is my dad's birthday, so I thought I'd share with you the card that I made for him. His favorite color is green and throughout my entire childhood the cards I always made him were completely green. This year I thought I'd chance it up a bit and have green be the focused color of the card, but have some other colors as well. Here's what I came up with:





I was on a crunch for time while making this card so unfortunately I couldn't do anything too elaborate, but the simplicity of it works well.


Here's what I used to make the card:
- Dark green, light green, yellow and white cardstock
- Striped pattern paper
- Light green and dark green brads
- Lace corner punch by Fiskars
- Balloon die cut for Cuttlebug by Provo Craft
- Decorative scissors


And now for some announcements! A couple of weeks ago I mentioned some changes were in the works for Made Especially For You. After the results of my poll, majority of you said you liked the design the way it was and thought it should remain the same. So, I decided to compromise. :) For now, the ribbon background will remain the same, and instead I made a few detailed changes. The fonts on my page have now changed, and I also decreased the size of my sidebar so that my posts are bigger. Here are a couple of other quick announcements:


- It's official; I'm going to be having a 200 Follower Giveaway! As of right now I'm at 152 followers, so hopefully it won't be too much longer until Made Especially For You reaches 200! I should have the giveaway prizes posted within the next week or so, and then you can start entering. :)


- I am looking for someone to help me design and create a blog header and also a blog button that followers can "grab" and post on their blogs. I'll have an official post in a few days, but if you're interested, please let me know! My e-mail is especiallymadeblog@gmail.com.


Thanks for bearing with me, enjoy the rest of your day!


Ashley

7 comments:

  1. Fun card- very bright and cheerful :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your dad, Ashley! This card is so awesome and fun! I love the touch of color you added to the green! So bright and beautiful! :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and priceless bday card you made for your dad. I bet he'll treasure it.
    TFS. Have a great week. Hugs -- Tenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card! I love the simplicity of it :) I love the new font & the entries being wider but the blue text is kind of difficult to see...maybe if it was slightly darker?

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the green on the card looks fantastic!!! TFS and for your nice comment on my blog this past weekend.

    Kathryn
    http://www.creationswithkathryn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super duper cute card.... Love the green colors
    ~Maria Elena~
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...