Friday, August 26, 2011

Life's A Beach Card & Exciting News!

Hi everyone! I have some exciting news to share... I just became a member of the design team at Queen of my Craftroom! This is my first time being on a design team and I'm so excited and can't wait to work with a team of awesome designers! I've been participating in their challenges the past couple of weeks (they're so fun) and actually created this card for this week's challenge earlier today before finding out I was chosen to be part of the team. I guess now is the perfect time to post it! :)


The challenge: California themed project! - We all love California! let's make a project to show just how much we love it!! Sea World, San Diego Zoo, The Beach, Disneyland, San Francisco, Hollywood, anything California goes.... You do not have to have been there to make a project. Card, layout, altered project, framed picture, anything!


I decided to make a beach-themed card. I've always wanted to go to California but have never been. Hopefully one day!





To make the card I layered blue cardstock on top of sea foam green cardstock and then added the cream colored paper to look like sand. I sprinkled clear (white) glitter on top of the sand to give it some texture and then used a hot glue gun to apply the shells. I painted wood circles white and then stamped the words using individual letter stamps in violet ink. The sun embellishment came from a scrapbook kit I recently one in a blog candy giveaway.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by! Have a great weekend. :)

Ashley 

13 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! Your card is beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Just to let you know...I left you a blog award over at my blog! I also found out I am on the DT too! :) Very exciting!!

    ♥ Laura ♥
    tweetyb@satx.rr.com
    http://laurascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Will look forward to seeing more great thing from you.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card. I love it.
    From one dtm to an another.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great beach themed card! Congrats on the design team- how exciting!! :)Amy
    amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on making it on a design team! That would be so much fun!! Adorable card too :)

    Linda
    http://lasteve1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I love your creations! You will do wonderfully on the DT!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you!! Can't wait to see what you create! Best Wishes!!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ashley,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. Congrats on becoming part of the Queen Of My Craftroom design team. I just love your card. The glitter on the sand is such a great touch. I'll be back to see more of your creations. Take Care, Lori
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. I am a new follower. Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog.
    I can see how you would be invited to be a designer. Congrats.
    I love paper crafting and thru looking at other's blogs I improve my technique. TFS
    http://jeanniecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashley I love this and am going to case this idea-- of course will link to you dear!
    Oh by the way do watermark your photos dear so that anyone saving your photos can easily link back to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited to be on the Queen of my craftroom's DT with you! Thanks!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ashley, first of all, this card is soooo darling! I love the beach scene you created, with the shells and that glittery sand. :-)

    Secondly, congrats on your first gig as a DT member! That is wonderful news, and you've introduced me to a challenge I hadn't heard of before.

    And lastly, I wanted to say thank you for signing up to be one of my Followers. I am SO glad you left me a comment, because I could link over to you that way. When I click on your pic under 'Followers' it doesn't seem to allow me to 'find' you in any way, only telling me what blogs you follow. So, I'm glad I was able to find you! ANd now I'm your 201st follower. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...