Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet 16 Birthday Card

College classes are in full swing! Luckily I only have classes Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (I'm also taking two online courses to minimize gas costs) but the workload is still pretty overwhelming! My goal is to get majority of my homework done during the week so that I have the weekend to craft, relax, etc. So far, it's looking pretty good, but then again, it's only the first week of the semester. :P


I created this card a few days ago just for fun, I wanted to make a card using gray and pink and thought a sweet 16 birthday would be the perfect occasion.



The pictures sort of make the card look crooked, but I promise it isn't! :)

Here's what I used to make the card:

- Pink, black & white cardstock paper
- Gray polka dot paper
- 1" circle punch
- Black chipboard numbers
- Black ink with alphabet stamps for the 'sweet'
- iRock with black & white gems
- Cuttlebug with D'vine Swirl embossing folder
- White string

On a side note, I got asked to run a six-week storytime at my work (I work in the children's department at a local library). While I'm excited, I'm also really nervous! My storytimes will consist of reading a picture book to 3-5 year olds and then doing a simple craft with them. I'll make sure to post the craft preparations soon. :)

Thanks so much for reading, have a great rest of your week!  Blog candy coming soon. :)

Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Ashley such lovely embossing and the color combo is great for a sweet 16 card
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! One of my favorite color combos! Good Luck with the storytime, I'm sure you will do a fab. job!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww....such a cute card!! :)LOVE the way u've added some "pink" element into the card! :) pretty work ashley! :)
    ~hugs~
    http://pinkcrayonhandmadecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! The embossing is wonderful, and the color scheme is fabulous!

    Theimperfectscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...