Friday, August 12, 2011

Mojo Monday Entry

Although majority of the challenges are just for fun, I can't help but love the weekly challenge over at Mojo Monday. The sketches are always so intriguing and fun to work with! Not to "toot my own horn" or anything, but the card I created this week for the challenge I feel is one of my best so far. I'm so happy with how it turned out! Here's this week's sketch:


And here's my take on the sketch:





It's hard to see in the picture (the second picture shows it the best) but the 'hello' sentiment is propped up on the card using an adhesive strip. I thought about making the background of the sentiment white, but I wanted to use my white iRock gems, so I stayed with black. After seeing the design I made an emergency Michael's run and purchased the flower embellishment as well as the ribbon I used for the bow. The decorative strip above the white rectangle is actually adhesive ribbon that I had from a set I recently purchased. For the bottom "lace" part of the card, I used many cuts of a decorative square die cut and layered them over one another to look like it was one piece, but actually the squares themselves are hidden under the white cardstock. Welcome to the creative mind of someone who doesn't own a Cricut! :)

Thank you so much for reading. Have a great weekend! If you haven't already, please take a moment to answer the poll on the top left-hand side of the homepage. Made Especially For You needs all the input it can get!


Ashley

12 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follwer. Im now following yours too. I love your card. It matches purfect to the sketch. Gook Luck with the Challenge and hope you stop buy again tomorrow for my second project on the hop.

    Hugs,
    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley! This is amazing! I love it. I think I am going to start doing the Mojo Monday challenge because their layouts are really inspiring. Thanks posting that link a couple of weeks ago...as for your poll I couldn't leave it as a simple yes or no...I love the ribbon background. Your fonts are cute and I think overall it is nice, simple and clean. The only thing is maybe a matching banner?? I want to make a customized banner for my blog too but haven't made the time for that yet...I get so frustrated with photoshop sometimes. So yeah. But on my other blog I am constantly fiddling with backgrounds and styles...there are also a lot of people who will make a banner pretty cheap ($20?? maybe). Can't think of the name but have it saved somewhere. Let me know if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. You did a great job with this challenge. I was tempted to but those fabric flowers from Michael's, but didn't. When I saw your card I regretted that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ashley! Your work is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm now a follower of yours.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ashley,

    First of all thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your sweet comment too. :)

    Your card is beautiful. I love your take on the sketch and your color combo. Just beautiful! :)

    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Ashley.. thanks for being a follower and leave sweet comments on my LOs! I really enjoying my visit here. You create such a wonderful fabric flowers! Love at first sight!Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the striking color combination of the green and black! Thanks for stopping by, and your sweet comment!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ashley, this is just gorgeous!! Love the color combo - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley, I just wanted to mention (& come clean!) that it was "me" that clicked on "yes, for a blog makeover". I'd like to explain.

    The only prob. I had w/ your blog is the size of your left side-bar. I would much prefer to see all of your amazing creations in a larger space, instead of that side-bar taking up so much room. That's all. The rest of your blog is simply adorable -- the colors, content, etc.

    I'm now a follower and looking forward to seeing more of your creations. :-)

    Hop on over to my blog and you're very welcome to "pick it apart". LOL LOL I'm sure there's a lot that I could do to "spruce it up". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is such an awesome card! What a gorgeous color combo! Love it!!!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. PRETTY! Love the fabulous shade of green paired with the black.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Please leave your blog address so I can visit you, too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...